Private pool owners usually check the pH value of the water in their pools at least once a week. And rightly so, because if the pH value deviates from the ideal level it can cause eye irritation for those who swim in it, corrode fittings and reduce the effectiveness of chemicals that you add to the water. With the BW10 pH meter you can accurately and reliably determine whether the water in your pool is acidic, alkaline or just right – and whether you, your family and your friends can use the pool without any issues.
Anyone who adds disinfectants such as Chlorine or Bromine to their pool without prior pH value analysis is essentially trying to maintain their water whilst blindfolded. The pH value plays a key role in treating the water – it must always be between 7.0 and 7.4. If the pH value is too high it will decrease the effectiveness of the disinfectants used so that they will be unable to clean the water to a high enough standard. If the pH value is too low, the metal parts in the swimming pool will corrode.
You should frequently check whether the water in your swimming pool is too acidic or too alkaline and by doing so you will ensure that your guests don’t suffer allergic reactions. Best of all: You can fulfil your duty of care as a pool owner with great ease and precision: The compact, hand-held BW10 pH meter is an essential tool for monitoring and maintaining the correct pH value – ideally suited for your pool and, of course, for swimming or natural ponds.
The benefits for you at a glance – the BW10 pH meter …
- has an easy-to-read, two-line display which shows both pH value and water temperature at the same time.
- allows you to precisely determine pH values between 0 and 14 in temperatures between 0 and 50 °C thanks to the automatic temperature compensation and the use of automatic calibration.
- is factory-fitted with a 3-point calibration, which you can apply at any time in just a few steps using the pH buffer solution set provided. The pH value detected is displayed, precisely to two decimal points, alongside the water temperature on the two-line display. You therefore do not need a separate thermometer.
- is fitted with an automatic calibration for pH 4.01/7.00/10.01.
- has an easy-to-replace pH electrode, which, like the water temperature sensor, is protected against damage with a removable cap.
- stores the last measured value with its convenient hold function. An automatic switch-off reduces the energy consumption of the four button batteries which already come with the meter.